March 18, 2018
FEATURED ADVERTISERS: * Allstate, Brian Zimmerman * Daley Life Celebration Studio * Dr. Clairvil * Dr. Claudine DeDan * Garden of Eden Flower Shop * Grand Chiropractic Center * Holiday Inn * Liquor Mart * Logan Twp. Rabies Clinic * Salem Medical Group * Sharptown UM Church * Summerfun Kids Camp * Swedes Sports * Swedesboro/Woolwich Rabies Clinic * Vause Dermatology * Village Eye Center * Watch Me Learn * Woolwich Curb My Clutter
The most widely read newspaper in "The New Town Press" area ~ Over 15,530 copies mailed monthly for residents and businesses in Swedesboro, Woolwich Twp., Logan Township, East Greenwich Twp., Mullica Hill, Auburn, South Harrison Twp. areas.

East Greenwich Twp. Fire and Rescue response log

March 1, 2018 12:01 am0 commentsViews: 13

eg fire emblem webJan. 1 –  Jan. 31, 2018.

Dwelling Fire – 5; Structure Fire – 1; Motor Vehicle Crash – 5; Fire Alarm – 13; Service Assignment – 1; Fumes – 3; Assist Police Dept. – 2; Cover Assignment – 1; Choking – 1; Cardiac Emergency – 1; Fall Victim – 1; Medical Emergency – 1

Jan. 3: 07:20, 242 Tohopeka Rd., Dwelling Fire. Dispatched for a dwelling fire, GC EMS was first on scene, reporting a working fire on the first floor and all residents were evacuated. GC Communications then dispatched the “All Hands” alarm, bringing multiple fire companies to assist. GC Fire Marshall arrived and reported heavy fire from the rear second floor. Ladder 1916 arrived and went into service with 2 hose lines and deployed the main ladder to vent the roof. Twenty three minutes into the job, command ordered the building evacuated and firefighting efforts began from the exterior. The fire was brought under control. Crews began overhaul and cooling hot spots. Crews then assisted the family in recovering personal items from the residence. Crews were in service for 4 hours. Also dispatched were Harrison, Woolwich, Gibbstown, Woodbury Heights, West Deptford and GC EMS. Handling the cover assignments were Glassboro, Deptford, Westville and West Deptford. The GC Fire Marshall’s office conducted the investigation. The Red Cross assisted the family.

Jan. 6: 17:59, 256 County House Rd., the Shady Lane Development Center, Fire Alarm. Crews arrived to find a burst sprinkler pipe in the school section of the building. This was caused due to record low temperatures. Crews were able to shut off the water to the building, but not before over 10,000 gallons of water flooded several classrooms. The GC Fire Marshall was notified to respond, along with GC Maintenance. Further fire department services were not needed, the scene was turned over to the Fire Marshall. The station was in service for 77 minutes.

Jan. 7: 01:38, 179 Acorn Dr., Dwelling Fire. Chief Gould (1901) arrived to find the resident had fallen asleep and left a candle burning. Ladder 1916 arrived and the crew assisted with naturally venting the residence of smoke. All other units were recalled. Also dispatched were Harrison, Woolwich, Gibbstown, Paulsboro, and GC EMS. Crews were in service for 22 minutes.

Jan. 7: 06:13, 212 County House Rd., Gloucester County Fire Marshall’s Office, Fire Alarm. Crews arrived to find a burst sprinkler pipe in a back room of the Gloucester County 9-1-1- Communications Center, North Site. The pipe burst was caused by the freezing weather. Crews found water leaking into the Fire/EMS Dispatch Room and flowing into the North End Police Dispatch Room. Crews were able to shut the water off to the sprinkler, but not before damage were done to some desks, the carpet and some radio communications equipment. The scene was turned over to the GC Fire Marshall and GC Maintenance. The station was in serviced for 81 mins.

Jan. 15: 14:03, 63 Berkley Rd., Fumes. A crew installing a new fiber optic line struck a gas main. Rescue 1918 responded and stood by until SJ Gas arrived and got the leak under control. The station was in service for 31 mins.

Jan. 22: 01:28, Kings Hwy. at Mantua Creek, Motor Vehicle Crash. Chief Gould (1901) arrived and reported 1 vehicle into a pole, the pole was broken. The driver was able to get out on his own and refused medical treatment. Rescue 1918 and Engine 1911 stood by while EGPD conducted the investigation and the scene was cleaned up. The scene was turned over to AC Electric for replacement the pole.  Crews were in service for 35 mins.

Do you have what it takes to “Become Your Own Hometown Hero”!  East Greenwich Twp. Fire and Rescue is an all-volunteer emergency response department protecting East Greenwich and its surrounding communities. Anyone interested in joining us, please e-mail, call 856-423-6916 or stop by the Cohawkin Rd station on Tuesdays at 7 p.m.

Leave a Reply

To leave a comment, let us know you are human by finishing this math problem. *