Local Aid Grants Awarded For Road Repair

road repair webWEST DEPTFORD –Senate President Steve Sweeney, Deputy Speaker John J. Burzichelli and Assemblyman Adam Taliaferro announced the allocation of over $3 million in ‘Local Aid’ grants that will underwrite road-related repairs in 18 communities across the 3rd Legislative District.

East Greenwich Township will use their funding for Swedesboro – Paulsboro Road; South Harrison Township for the reconstruction of Cedar Grove Road – Phase IV and Lincoln Mill Road – Phase II; Woolwich Township, the High Hill Road Shared Use Bikepath,

The grants were funded through the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund and were awarded on a competitive basis to support resurfacing, reconstruction, and safety-related projects.

The state program received 630 applications for $253 million in aid. In total, 376 of the communities that applied received a total of $78.75 million in grants.

According to NJDOT, 75 percent of the aid is disbursed when the municipality awards a contract and the remaining 25 percent is disbursed upon completion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.

Forecast

Swedesboro NJ
October 28, 2021, 3:23 am
Clear
Clear
52°F
real feel: 52°F