Logan Takes the Next Step in Repairing Township Line Road

BRIDGEPORT — The Logan Township Council moved to the next phase of the community’s Township Line Road project during their meeting on May 15.

Council moved to authorize engineer Annina Hogan to prepare bid specs and begin advertising for bids on Phase 2 of the Township Line Road repaving project.

The condition of Township Line Road, which is owned by both Logan Township and Woolwich Township, has not been maintained over the years. But Logan took the lead and applied for a grant from the New Jersey Department of Transportation with the help of Woolwich.

The community received $175,000 toward starting the Township Line Road repaving in 2017. “I don’t think a lot of people knew about this,” commented Councilmember Bernadine Jackson. “The repaving has been overdue for a long time.”

Phase 1 of the repair saw R.E. Pierson Construction Company repave Township Line from Salisbury Way to Stecher’s Country Store. Logan Township has applied for NJDOT funding for the project and the Phase 2 improvements.

The DOT funds 75 percent of a grant when a town awards a contract and the remaining 25 percent after the project is completed.

Hogan and Public Works Superintendent Mike Riley have done a review of the next phase of Township Line Road. During his Public Works report, Riley mentioned that concrete work would soon be starting on the project.

In other roadway news, Deputy Mayor Chris Morris revealed that he had gotten a lot of positive feedback about speed control developments in the town due to increased traffic. Rumble strips and added signage have been installed in local housing developments Old Orchard, Springfield, Hidden Creek and Eagle Farms.

Morris wants to see less traffic on Beckett Road because of children playing. “There are lots of children going back and forth across the street in that area,” he said.

In other departments, Logan Township Chief of Police Robert Leash reported 1,573 calls to survive for the local force during April, 24 arrests and 274 motor vehicle summonses were issued. Leash added that the Logan Police received a $2,200 grant from New Jersey to enforce distracted driving from April 1 through April 21. Also, April 28 was Operation Take Back, designed for disposal of drugs, in the community.

Elsewhere, in resolutions, the Logan Council authorized submission of an application for the 2018 Gloucester County Community Development Block Grant program. They also approved a shared services agreement with Gloucester County to provide family movie entertainment.

“The County brings the equipment and provides the services,” explained Municipal Clerk Linda Oswald.

by Robert Holt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.


Swedesboro NJ
May 20, 2022, 12:00 am
Partly cloudy
Partly cloudy
real feel: 64°F