WOOLWICH TWP. — Woolwich Township resident Tanzie Youngblood will be running in the June 5 Primary election for the South Jersey’s 2nd District Congressional Seat.
Youngblood believes we need strong leadership in Congress; leadership that stands up for the people of South Jersey and not the political elite and special interests.
“I admit to understanding the apathy that affects many voters. I don’t understand how anyone can stand by and watch President Trump and his Administration sell our country to the highest bidder without any regard for the impact it has on the future of our children. Perhaps it’s because he knows his heirs will always have enough to live a comfortable life. In short, I got fed up, decided to get off the sidelines and do something,” she stated.
- I’m against guns in the classroom. Assault weapons and bump stocks need to be banned. No one convicted of domestic abuse or a hate crime should have access to a gun.
- I’m 100 percent pro-choice
- I believe we need to reinstate Glass – Steagall
- I support the 28th amendment, overturning Citizens United and getting big money out of politics
- We need to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour, strengthen worker protections and find a path to single payer healthcare
- We will not drill our way out of an energy crisis. We need wind, solar, more efficient electronics and transportation to protect our planet.
- Marijuana should be legalized and decriminalized. We need to get rid of mandatory minimums and find parity for all things related to incarceration including bonding, release programs, and family reunification support.
- We need a path to citizenship to our law abiding undocumented neighbors.
Youngblood stated that she feels that she is the only candidate in the race who can win the primary while representing the people of South Jersey because she is not a career politician. “I am not the Party favorite which means I have no Party line to tow.”