WOOLWICH TWP. — The Woolwich Police Department has reported an increase in motor vehicle burglaries.
According to a Facebook post from the police department, the majority of vehicles have been left unlocked allowing the individual/s to simply enter the vehicle, taking belongings left inside.
Police are recommending that you keep thieves from taking items from your vehicle by practicing these safety tips:
1. If your vehicle is parked on the street, remove your valuables, lock your vehicle doors, and close your windows.
2. Never leave objects of value, like cash, cameras, mobile phones, or laptops in the vehicle.
3. Always take the ignition key out when not in your vehicle.
4. Never leave your car running while it is unattended.
5. Park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
6. Do not keep spare keys in or on the vehicle. These hiding places are well known to thieves too.
Get to know your neighbors and the vehicles that they drive. If you see anyone suspicious around, you or your neighbor’s vehicle report it to the police. If you experience a theft from your vehicle, please report it as soon as possible.